Downscaled Climate Projections
- Spatial Resolution: 0.1 x 0.1 degrees
- Temporal Resolution: Daily
- Spatial Domain: US and southern Canada east of the Rocky Mountains
- Temporal Domain: 1961-2000, 2046-2065, 2081-2100
- Variables: Precipitation, Maximum Temperature, Minimum Temperature
- 13 CMIP3 climate models
- Future Emission Scenarios: B1, A1B, A2
- Condition a spatially and temporally varying Probability Density Function (PDF) on the large-scale from observations (NCEP Reanalysis).
- Create spatially and temporally varying PDFs from the de-biased climate models.
- Draw random numbers from the PDFs to generate a spatially and temporally varying "realization" of the small-scale variables that is consistent with the large-scale in the climate models. Currently 3 independent realizations have been generated.
Obtaining the Data
Subsets of the data for a small region can be obtained from the USGS Downscaled Climate Geo Data Portal.
For the entire dataset, contact Kevin Braun (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send a 1Tb external hard drive to:
Center for Climatic Research
1225 W. Dayton St.
Madison, Wisconsin 53706-1695, USA
Here's a README file that comes with the full dataset.
For more information about the data, please contact: