Downscaled Climate Projections
- Spatial Resolution: 0.1 x 0.1 degrees
- Temporal Resolution: Daily
- Spatial Domain: US and southern Canada east of the Rocky Mountains
- Temporal Domain: 1950-2100
- Variables: Precipitation, Maximum Temperature, Minimum Temperature
- 24 CMIP5 climate models
- Future Emission Scenarios: RCP2.6 RCP4.5 RCP6.0 RCP8.5
- Condition a spatially and temporally varying Probability Density Function (PDF) on the large-scale from observations (NCEP Reanalysis).
- Create spatially and temporally varying PDFs from the de-biased climate models.
- Draw random numbers from the PDFs to generate a spatially and temporally varying "realization" of the small-scale variables that is consistent with the large-scale in the climate models. Currently 3 independent realizations have been generated for temperature and 14 for precipitation.
Obtaining the Data
The full dataset is available from AWS/NOAA.Here's a README file that describes the dataset.
For more information about the data, please contact: